Modern Sourdough : Sweet and Savoury Recipes from Margot Bakery
- Format:Hardback,224 pages, 150
- Publisher:White Lion Publishing
- Imprint:White Lion Publishing
- Published:3 Sep 2019
- Classifications:National & regional cuisine,
- Readership:General (US: Trade)
- Dimensions:254 x 204 x 24 (mm)
- Pub. Country:United Kingdom
- For sale in:All countries
An instant hit, it became an experiment in pushing the boundaries of what a local bakery could be, by specialising in sourdough leavened pastries and sweet doughs alongside more traditional breads. Bringing together over 100 mouth-watering recipes inspired by Michelle’s heritage, Modern Sourdough expands our understanding of this ancient baking technique. Featuring a step-by-step guide to making a sourdough starter, as well as methods for folding, shaping, scoring and baking, it demonstrates how you too can make Margot signature loaves, as well as naturally-leavened pizzas, challah, focaccia, French pastries, brioche and babka.
Covering bread, cakes, buns, savoury bakes and store cupboard wonders, plus a selection of non-sourdough favourites from the bakery, these are recipes you’ll want to make again and again.